- VSAT services to more than 378 land drilling rigs in North America
- Three-year timeframe of support
- Flexible service with 24/7 support for level 2 tier needs
- Client preferred to self-move VSAT equipment from one drilling location to the next to help control costs
- Required better visibility into network
- Preferred customized support from communications provider
HARRIS CAPROCK SOLUTION
In 2010, Harris CapRock signed an agreement providing Nabors and its business unit, Canrig Drilling Technologies, with VSAT services to more than 378 land drilling rigs in North America. Provisions in the agreement include broadband Internet, voice connectivity, corporate networking and real-time data to its personnel working at remote drilling sites. The contract came just one month after Harris CapRock launched FieldAccess™, its fully managed VSAT service designed uniquely for the land drilling market. As a result of this service performance, Harris CapRock’s partnership with Nabors has grown to include its land operations in Iraq and Papua New Guinea.